This is the 19th question in Matador’s list of 20 Questions For Every Spiritual Seeker: what is wisdom, and how do we gain it?
This is a tough one…I’m not sure there is a single answer to this question. As I’ve gone through my going on five decades of life, I have learned a few nuggets of wisdom which have given me peace. I do not, however, feel as though I have found wisdom. Here are a few of the most impactful lessons I’ve found for my life:
- My self-worth is based on what I’ve done for others, not on what I’ve accomplished.
- Laughing until I cry is healing, and I try to do it at least once a month.
- I reflect whatever I surround myself with, good or bad.
- The belly laugh of a child is the best sound in the world.
- People are, literally, all that really matters.
- God exists and loves us.
What wisdom have you found?
“The only wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” –Socrates